Disaster Recovery backup management is only available for account admins.
Windows, macOS and Linux servers are supported.
To set up Disaster Recovery backup, do the following:
- Login to your BigMIND account as an administrator user.
- Click Manage next to Disaster Recovery on your Dashboard page. This will open the Disaster Recovery Management web console in a new tab.
- From the left-side menu, click on Devices.
- In the top-right corner, click Add.
- Select the platform for Workstations or Servers needed.
- Follow the setup instructions.
- After installation finishes:
- If you are logged in to your account on the web, simply click Register the machine button on the installed desktop agent and it will automatically be registered to your account.
- If you are not logged in to your account on the web (for the cases of IT admins installing the software on multiple devices), click Show registration info and copy the Registration code shown. Then go to your account and follow steps 1 through 4, then select REGISTER under REGISTRATION VIA CODE. Fill the field and click CHECK CODE.
- You can now find your machine under the All devices section on the left-side menu of the Disaster Recovery Management web console.
- Select the machine you wish to set up DR backup for and click the Enable Protection button.
- You can edit the name of the plan, set the schedule for backup, and select what to backup (Entire machine, Disks/Volumes, or system state).
- Click Done.
- Now you’re prompted to download a bootable ISO image for recovery purposes, do that and keep it somewhere reachable.