Starting with macOS 10.14 Mojave, Apple has introduced a new security feature that ensures third-party applications work safely with your data. In recent macOS versions, security rules have become more stringent. That is why during the installation process of the Zoolz application, you will be asked to grant Zoolz the required access permissions. However, if you missed this step during the installation process, here is what you need to do:
- Click on the Apple menu icon and select System Preferences.
- Click the Security & Privacy option.
- Refer to the Privacy tab.
- Click the Full Disk Access option on the left-side panel.
- Click the Lock icon in the bottom left corner and enter your password to make changes.
- If Zoolz is already listed in the list, just tick the checkbox next to its name to give it Full Disk Access.
- If Zoolz is not listed, add it to the list by click on the Plus button → Select the Zoolz in the Applications folder → Open.
- You will receive a pop-up notification asking you to quit the Zoolz application. Click Quit Now.
- Start the Zoolz application from the Applications folder.
This way, the Zoolz application will have Full Disk Access to scan and backup your data.