What is OCR?
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is a feature provided by BigMIND that scans the content of images/PDFs and recognize the characters included in them to simplify the file search process.
- OCR supports the file extensions listed here.
- OCR is available for 18 supported languages, which are:
How does BigMIND calculate OCR?
- OCR is being calculated by the number of processed pages by the BigMIND engine.
- If the user exceeds the OCR quota that his subscription allows, BigMIND engine will be uploading the remaining files as a regular images/PDF documents.
- If the user is nearly exceeding the OCR quota that his subscription allows, and already exceeded the quota during the processing of a file that contains multiple pages, BigMIND engine will allow the user to exceed it for the processing file only, and the next file will be added as a regular file.
- Example: If the user’s quota is 2 pages, and the user uploads a file with 3 pages, the OCR engine will process the all 3 pages. However, the next file will be skipped form the OCR processing and will be uploaded as a regular file.
How to OCR Files
Using the BigMIND desktop software
- Open your BigMIND desktop software → Click the OCR button.
- Select the file/folder which you want to OCR its content from the left-side panel → Click the Add Files/Folders button. The selected file/folder will be moved to the right-side panel → Select the OCR language → Click the Save button.
- Give BigMIND desktop software all the needed time to upload the selected file(s).
From the BigMIND Website
- Log into your BigMIND online account.
- Click Discover on the left-side menu.
- In the Discover Data page, search for the PDF, JPG or TIF file which you want to OCR it and open it.
- Click the Actions button for this opened file → Click the OCR This option.
Export OCR data to a Text file
- This is a new feature that automatically exports all the OCR content for the selected image/document into a Text file and downloads it to the user’s machine.
- To export OCR data to a Text file, just open the OCR file from your BigMIND online account → Click the Export OCR data to a Text file icon.